Help us to improve this page.
1. What is your name, title, and department?
a. Sadonia Letrice Milsap, Classification Compensation Specialist I, UIC HR Compensation
2. What is your role in Campus Human Resources?
a. My role is to administer salary administration processes (reclassification, requisitions, auditing, reporting, etc.) campus-wide. Conduct and participate in compensation surveys conducted by other companies. Write and edit job descriptions for Civil Service jobs, assign job attributes, ( e.g. Exemptions, FLSA, EEO) etc.
3. How long have you been in this role?
a. 5 years
4. How long have you been at UIC?
a. 10 years
5. Tell us about your job positions prior to your current role?
a. I used to work for The University of Illinois Hospital and Health System HR and I was the Academic Search Coordinator and processed all Academic hires.
6. What do you enjoy most about your role?
a. Assisting the departments with their Compensation requests. This allows me to learn more about and gain better understanding what all the departments do to represent UIC to our external and internal customers.
7. Who are the primary customers you serve?
a. All departments at UIC
8. What projects are you working on right now?
a. Currently working with market salary surveys for 2013.
9. What services do you provide to customers at UIC?
a. Administer salary administration process, which includes processing reclassifications, requisitions, auditing, reporting, etc. campus-wide.
10. What do you wish more employees knew about the services you provide in this role at UIC?
a. I will work collaboratively with each of you to help you get what you want, provide guidance and coaching, and act as liason between UIC and SUCSS in gaining approvals for specialty factor requests and contract appointments. It is my responsibility to protect the University by working with SUCSS to get a clear understanding of class specifications and how we are using titles on the UIC campus to make sure each request correct and compliant with SUCSS rules and UIC policy.
11. Bonus question: What do you do for fun and relaxation?
View UIC HR news articles by category: All, Diversity, Events, Feature Article, Get to Know, Move Your Career Forward, Policy and Procedure, Information Alert
Copyright © 2013 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois | Web Privacy Statement | Login ( Guest )